Coronavirus News - 9th September 2021

Government restrictions have now been lifted but there is still a high incidence of COVID-19 in the area. Please continue to observe social distancing, wear face coverings in our shops and use the hand sanitiser provided

The church remained in the family’s ownership until 1918, and was declared redundant in 1984. It is now in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust and is open to visitors every day.

The furniture and fittings are of exceptional quality with woodwork by Waring & Gillow of Lancaster.

Interior of St. Gregory's ChurchThe stained glass windows, designed by Frederick George Simon,were installed when the church was altered in the early 1900’s. They are unusual in that, instead of religious themes. most of them depict scenes of nature, including river scenes, trees, plants, and birds and animals found in the surrounding area.

Interior of St. Gregory's ChurchClick on the thumbnail images below to see full size images of some of the windows.